Question by wondering: If I am 20 pounds overweight, am I going to look like a fat cow when I start showing im pregnant?
I am not really fat, just chubby and like i said 20 pounds over my healthy weight. Will I look fat and not pregnant when I start to show?
I want people to know I am pregnant, has anyone been in this situation?

Best answer:

Answer by JJassey
You will definately look like a "beach ball".....but first of all putting on 20 lbs is not good since you are already on the chubby side......no good because being fat you will face alot of health problem in the later part of life.....and more over if you put on that extra lbs easily but it's a real task to take off that lbs........

What do you think? Answer below!

Filed Under: Fat Cow

Tags: , , , , , , ,

About the Author

Comments (8)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. aanatami says:

Yes you will look pregnant when you start to show. Good news is you will look great when you are pregnant and then you will have your work cut out for you afterwards. You don’t have to gain a lot of weight during your pregnancy if you have 20 pounds extra to start with. just watch what you eat, eat small meals very frequently or you will get sick and don’t go on any protein diets like atkins cause it could harm the baby. Good luck!

2. dj p says:

hun you will most likey look pregnant most pregnant woman have the beach ball belly and 20 pounds over ideal weight dont always mean your fat

3. bettyboop1978 says:

I was more than 20 pounds overweight when I became pregnant with my kids. You will most definitely be able to tell your pregnant. I couldn’t have hid it if I wanted too…I was gestational diabetic so I lost weight towards the end instead of gaining it. Congratulations!

4. cgspitfire says:

I was also about 20 pounds overweight at conception and I’m 35 weeks, 6 days pregnant with a boy. I’m carrying all of my pregnancy weight up front and look more like I swallowed a water tower bulb! Believe me, you’ll get to the point where you feel like a fat cow even if you weren’t carrying the extra weight to start with. Wait until you have to ask for help getting up from the couch!!

Depending on how you carry the weight, it may take a little longer for your pregnancy to show but once you really start to show, there won’t be any mistaking your pregnant! Sit back and enjoy the pregnancy.

Good luck and congratulations!

5. cindy loo says:

if you are that concerned start walking in the evenings after it cools off outside. bring a bottle of water and don’t over exert yourself.
    you will reap many benifits from walking.

6. poolhottieteffie says:

First as a woman who had trouble conceiving, let me just say that your comment about weight sickens me. You have been given one of the greatest gifts in the world…don’t be so shallow!! I’d gladly have been 200 hundred pounds overweight if it meant having a family.

Second twenty pounds is not a big deal, expect to gain another 25 to 35.

Third, to finally answer your question, I was a bit overweight when I (finally) got pregnant, and at first I jsut started looking fatter. It depends on whether you carry the baby all out front or gain everywhere. By six months you could definately tell though. Wearing maternity clothes right away will help make it obvious you are pregnant. no one ever said “gee are you gaining weight?” but many people would smile and say “when are you due?” so don’t worry about it too much.

7. momx4 says:

I am more than 20 lbs. overweight, and you could definitely tell I was pregnant, I don’t think I looked fat. It just depends on how big you get and how you carry the baby. Don’t worry about how you are going to look! Just enjoy your pregnancy! Good luck, and congrats!

8. schroederstaci says:

I was a around 20 lbs overweight when I became pregnant. I looked decidedly pregnant when I started showing. Best of all, I could wear some of the styles of shirts and things during the pregnancy that I couldn’t wear when I was just overweight! Take advantage of that new body of yours, and show off your sense of style! No one minds seeing the shape of a pregnant belly! 😀